JSC Nenskra Hydro is pleased to announce a vacancy for the position of Corporate Social Responsibility Manager.
Definition of Role:
The CSR Manager shall fulfil the obligations associated with implementing social and/or community development and investment programs, and corporate social responsibility initiatives of the Nenskra Hydropower Project, in line with national requirements and according to project corporate- and Lenders-approved documents, as well as good international industry practices on such programs.
Performance of Tasks:
The CSR Manager shall be based full-time onsite performing the tasks at the project areas located in Nenskra and Nakra Valleys.
The CSR Manager has direct reporting responsibility to the Deputy E&S Team Leader, the E&S Team Leader, and VICE Chief Executive Officer.
The CSR Manager is responsible for developing, enhancing, executing the Integrated CSR Plan, which is linked to the Community Investment Program commitment of the project, and the Livelihood Restoration Plan for project affected communities.
Collaboration with members of the project implementation teams or individuals is required to fulfill the tasks objectively:
** Chief officers
** E&S team leader
** Deputy E&S team leader
** Compliance / SHEC-MS manager
** Compliance / ESIA officer
** Compliance / SHEC-MS administrator
** Social manager
** Grievance / community relations / stakeholder engagement officer
** Community liaison officers
** Land acquisition officer
** CIP / LR officer
** Health and safety manager
** Public relations officer
** Communications officer
** Technical team and Employer`s representative
** Consultants and other stakeholders
Responsibilities and Specific Tasks:
Tasks upon mobilization:
The CSR Manager liaises with the CIP/LR Officer, Community Liaison Officers, Grievance/Community Relations/Stakeholder Engagement Officer, and Social Manager to gather up-to-date information on status of social development programs implemented since the beginning of the project implementation.
As soon as the project information status is collected, the CSR Manager prepares a status report on social development programs.
Gaps will be identified in regard compliance against ESMP commitments – namely on CIP and LRP, including social impact assessment and stakeholder engagement mitigation measures. The Company`s CSR initiatives will also be reviewed, and status report to be prepared and submitted internally to the E&S Team Leader and the Deputy E&S Team Leader, Compliance/SHEC-MS manager, Social Team, Land Acquisition (LA) Team, CIP/LRP Team, Human Resources (HR) Team, and the Project Executive Committee.
The following documents should be reviewed upon mobilization:
- Supplementary E&S studies, particularly:- Volume 3, Social impact assessment
– Volume 7, Stakeholder engagement plan
– Volume 8, Environmental and social management plan
– Volume 9, Land acquisition and livelihood restoration plan
– Volume 10, Cumulative impact assessment
- Community investment programs, project profile and status reports
- Livelihood restoration programs, targeted to the project affected households/people
Additionally, the following tasks will be fulfilled during the first month of employment:
- Create a mission and vision statement on CSR for the Nenskra Hydropower Project.
- Develop the comprehensive social development programs, that are linked to CIP and LRP, and aligned with the goal to achieve sustainable social development programs in the Nenskra and Nakra Valleys. These programs will be augmented by the CSR initiatives driven by corporate project investors and sponsors.
- Generate timeline for implementation, and budgetary requirements, including definition of monitoring metrics, for each of the specific social/community development programs, with approval from the project executive management committee members.
- Develop the exit plan for each social development program.
The following tasks are to be fulfilled daily:
- Create a diary of community meetings held every day, with community members, PAH/PAP, by gender and by age group distribution; including internal meetings that were organized, and held.
- Activities will be documented in the daily timesheet record, format prescribed by the HR team of JSCNH.
- List all community requests, demands, or resolution to these requests as they arise.
- Review whether such community demands are aligned with the Integrated CSR plan approved by the company for the respective implementation year or month.
- Based on issues or community demands arising from day-to-day performance of the tasks, provide recommendations or elevate information requiring decision from the Chief officers at the beginning of the week, every Monday and/or during the Weekly Project Executive Management meetings.
- Participate in the Weekly Project SHEC Meetings and present CSR/CIP/LRP related issues.
- Provide inputs into the Weekly SHEC monitoring report to Lenders.
- Summarize community requests related to social development programs, and report close out actions taken by the company.
- Participate in the bi-monthly site progress meeting with the EPC Contractor.
- Identify and raise any community demands, related to CSR/CIP/LRP requests or issues if any.
- Develop action plans to address such community development demands as required, for approval by the Project Executive Management Committee.
The CSR Manager shall carry out the following monthly routine monitoring tasks:
- Prepare/update the monthly social development reports, covering consolidated inputs on CIP and LRP accomplishments for the month prepared by the CIP/LRP Officer, including the CSR initiatives undertaken by the project company.
- Monitor and document metrics on social development programs, including
– Projects implemented for the month
– Total number of beneficiaries reached
– Profile of beneficiaries reached – gender distribution, age group, vulnerable groups, project affected households and/or peoples
– Projects closed for the month – with project completion data sheet
– Other monitoring metrics required by the Lenders consortium
The following tasks shall be performed by the CSR Manager:
- The Chief officers may request additional tasks related to fulfilment of CSR initiatives, for instance volunteer programs of the project sponsors and investors. The CSR management shall collaborate with internal stakeholders on matters related to social/community development programs to satisfy successful implementation of the event or social program.
- Participate in CSR, Social development training programs that are endorsed by Lenders and approved by the Project Sponsor.
- Envision to get the project special purpose vehicle (SPV) into satisfying ISO certification on CSR program – the program of activities and action plan to achieve such certification need to be developed for the duration of the employment contract.
The following are the reporting deliverables of the CSR Manager:
- Weekly update on meetings held with stakeholders in relation to the implementation of the social development programs.
- Monthly consolidated accomplishment reports on CSR, CIP and LRP commitments, grouped accordingly. Monitoring metrics should be explicitly defined and described.
- Six-monthly reporting on CSR, CIP, and LRP commitments, analyzing trends on total reach and project beneficiaries, including follow up actions for the next six months.
- Annual report highlighting notable social development programs that may be published in media outlets, and reported in the Annual project accomplishment report.
- The reports are to be submitted to the E&S Team Leader, Deputy E&S Team Leader and Compliance/SHEC-MS Manager for consolidation into the project monitoring report to Lenders, copying in the Project Executive Management Committee.
- Master`s degree in Social Sciences or related field
- Computer skills are required (Experience with office management software MS office, PP, etc.)
- Language requirements: both Georgian and English knowledge (Excellent written and verbal communication skills)
- 5+ years experience in relevant field, administering, operating, problem solving, trouble shooting, documentation skills, organizational and managing skills
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Attention to detail and values teamwork and collaboration in an international working environment