JSC Nenskra Hydro is pleased to announce a vacancy for the position of Technical Manager.
Definition of Role:
The Technical Manager shall fulfil the obligations associated with engineering and construction of the Nenskra Hydropower Project according to national regulation and international industry best practice requested by the Lenders.
Performance of Tasks
The Technical Manager shall be based full-time onsite at Nenskra and Nakra Valleys.
In order to efficiently satisfy work performance onsite, the Technical Manager will report day-to-day activities directly to the Site Construction Team Leader. In addition, the Technical Manager is expected to work collaboratively with the E&S Team, Health and Safety Team, Social Team and Land acquisition Team to fulfill the specific tasks and responsibilities defined herein.
The Technical Manager will support the Site Construction Team Leader in reporting engineering and construction activities of Contractors (including EPC Contractor but not limited to) with full knowledge of the Contract and internal policies and guidelines approved by JSC Nenskra Hydro and the International Financing Institutions, i.e. IFI or Lenders including EBRD, EIB, ADB, AIIB, KDB and K-Sure.
The Technical Manager will cooperate with and properly manage the Employer`s Representative (ER) for accurate and efficient management of the engineering and construction of the Nenskra Hydropower Project.
Responsibilities and Specific Tasks
The Technical Manager shall monitor and closely supervise construction activity of the EPC Contractor, including all workers, local contractors and sub-contractors, and third-party consultants/contractors, who are involved in implementing the project construction activities. This will cover on all project construction areas, including the following tasks:
- Monitor non-compliance activity of the Contractors against the Contract and Employer’s Requirement at all working areas by visiting on a daily basis the site working areas. If non-compliance is observed, elevate well-documented non-compliance report to the Site Construction Team Leader, E&S Team Leader and the Executive Management of JSCNH.
- Develop and perform daily work checklist against construction schedule, construction activity and any other performance by the contractors.
- Participate and contribute in any discussion about technical topics during daily with the Contractors, Employer’s Representative (ER) or any other related parties. Before and after the meeting the Technical Manager should prepare related agendas and minutes of the meetings and distribute and get approval of such minutes from the supervisor.
- Supervise ER’s performance and quality of consultant. Make record any non-conformity activity from ER is observed and report to Construction Team Leader and the Executive Management of JSCNH.
- Participate in the weekly joint site HSE inspection together with the EPC Contractor, and the Employer’s Representative.
- Review ER’s weekly HSE joint inspection report and weekly progress report. In case any correction or missing from the report is observed, make notice to the ER.
- Participate in the Weekly SHEC Meeting and follow up with E&S issues. If necessary, give full technical support to E&S team.
- Check agenda of the bi-weekly site progress meeting and participate the meeting with the EPC Contractors and ER.
- Review ER’s bi-weekly site progress meeting MoM. In case any correction or missing from the MoM is observed, make notice to the ER.
- Check agenda of bi-weekly design meeting and participate the meeting with the EPC Contractors and ER.
- Review ER’s bi-weekly design meeting MoM. In case any correction or missing from the MoM is observed, make notice to the ER.
- Review monthly progress report published by the EPC Contractors and ER. In case any correction or missing from the report is observed, make notice to the EPC Contractors or ER.
- Draft monthly progress report for the purpose of reporting to sponsors of the project company.
- Prepare technical document (or review document prepared by ER) for monthly E&S lenders call and participate the call with ER.
- Review Interim payment document prepared by the Contractors based on the actual progress performed by the Contractors. Also, review Interim payment notice prepared by ER. Report to the supervisor in case any error is observed.
- The Technical Manager should be fully aware of EPC contract, Employer’s Requirement and any other agreements which is related to the project and which is necessary to supervise the EPC Contractors, ER or any other parties engaged in the project.
- Supervise completion of technical documents published by the EPC Contractors such as below but not limited to:
- Method statement for construction work
- Traffic management plan
- Any designs (conceptual design, basic design, detailed design, construction design etc.)
- Risk assessment
- QA/QC plan
- Construction schedule
- Incident report
- Test plan and test result report
- Supervise completion and review in detail any kind of technical documents published by ER including but not limited to technical review, technical note and investigation report.
- Supervise completion of permit documentations and follow up to receive permits such as below but not limited to:
- Tree cutting permit (including red list permit)
- Construction permit
- Blasting permit
- Heavy load transportation permit
- Mineral extraction permit
- Manage and follow up with any official letters received by EPC Contractors, ER or any other relevant parties through transmittal management system or by email or whatsoever. The Technical Manager should closely work with contract manager and ER to manage those letters properly.
- Support coordination meetings with Governmental Authorities taking part in the project such as below but not limited to:
- Mestia Municipality
- Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development
- Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture
- Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure
- National Agency of State Property
- Road Department
- Support the Lenders and Lender’s Technical Advisor (LTA), related to technical request or update or clarification is needed. The Technical Manager should closely cooperate with ER to communicate with LTA.
- The Technical Manager should fully aware of technical Condition Precedent (CP) for financial close and closely cooperate with ER to close those CPs.
- The Technical Manager should fully aware of Implementation Agreement signed between JSCNH and Government of Georgia (GoG), and provide technical support for any kind of technical matters raised by GoG.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Degree in Civil Engineering / Construction Management or equivalent
- At least 10 years’ experience in a construction and/or engineering (preference in HPPs)
- Enough knowledge and experience in FIDIC books
- Experience with coordination with Owner’s Engineer and E&S team
- Fluent in English (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing)
- Leadership and excellent communication skills
- Management skills in a multicultural environment
- Reporting skills in a multidisciplinary contract environment
- Pragmatic and having solution-oriented skills
- Full computer skills in management and basic engineering tools (MS office, Auto CAD, preferable for Primavera and GIS etc.)